Monday, February 27, 2012

Opinions on the Oscar's Last Night

I watched the Oscars last night for the very first time last year and I really enjoyed it. I got to see "The King's Speech" win "Best Picture" and "Toy Story 3" get best animated picture. So, having a really enjoyable time last year, I wanted to watch them again this year. Here is my story and opinions. (And I am snubbed I didn't win an Oscar for "Most Excited Movie Goer." I'll win it next year for "The Avengers" and "The Hobbit: Part 1!" You'll see!")

On movies nominated for best picture: I was disappointed. I know a boatload of people are mad that the last Harry Potter movie wasn't nominated for best picture. Looking through the Oscar Roster (see what I did there? I guess not...), I was amazed by how many movies that I loved that weren't nominated. "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Soul Surfer" should have been nominated for best picture (especially the latter, because of its subject matter). I was amazed to see "The Muppets" being the only Disney movie to get nominated. The movie I was the most snubbed about: "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" was not in the running for best animated picture. I was extremely disappointed. (Because one: I love comics. Two: I love cartoons. And three, the most important one of all: it was incredibly well made. It took years to make!)

I watched the event last night, with Billy Crystal being the host. The intro was hilarious, with Mr. Crystal being kissed by George Clooney, encountering Justin Bieber in France, and finally role-playing as Tintin. The first two Oscars were won by the film "Hugo." (I am in the process of reading the book, and from what I can see, this movie deserves its Oscars. ) It was intresting to see the last Transformers movie get nominated thrice.

As was with last year, the movie I was rooting for did not get best picture. I decided to root for "Hugo" this year. It lost to "The Artist." The premise of "The Artist" sounds like a great one, so I MIGHT add it to Oscar-Winning Movies list. Both "The Artist" and "Hugo" won five Oscars. And has anyone noticed that THREE of the movies nominated for best picture were set in France? Weird.

All in all, it was okay, but not as cool as last year's was. I hope the first "Hobbit" movie and "The Avengers" are nominated for best picture at least. So what did you guys think of the Oscar's? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment